The professional examination is a crucial step in your career.
Organizing and administering the professional examination during a pandemic requires that important health measures be put in place to protect not only the health of candidates for professional practice, but also the staff who are present during the examination.
Go to exam site
You can take advantage of preferential rates for OIIQ members. See the “Mon compte” section for details on these offers:
Arriving at the examination centre
Report 15 to 30 minutes before the time shown on the confirmation of registration. It is important that you be on time, since arriving late can lead to your failing the examination. No late arrivals will be admitted.
When you register at the examination site, you will have to present one of these pieces of photo ID. It must be valid at the time you sit the examination.
- Quebec health insurance card
- driver's licence from a Canadian province
- permanent resident card
If you do not show valid identification, you will be deemed absent, since you cannot be admitted into the room where the professional examination is being held. Consequently, your file will be marked FAILURE, in accordance with section 11 of the Regulation respecting the terms and conditions for the issue of permits by the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (CQLR, chapter I-8, r. 7.01).
Before the exam
- Plan to go to the washroom before heading for the examination room;
- Turn off all your electronic devices;
- Bring a bottle of water and a light snack with you;
- Bring a cold meal: not all the exam rooms have meal facilities.
During the examination
This is a written examination with 135 to 150 questions based on 45 to 50 clinical situations. Each clinical situation is worth 100 points, and the questions are weighted. Before the test begins, you will be given directions on the procedure to follow.
- There are two examination booklets to be completed, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- Upon request during the examination, you may have access to the version of a question in the other language (French or English).
- There will be a 60-minute break between the two parts of the examination.
- Remember: Arriving late means you fail the examination.
- automatic pencil, with leads included
You may not have any bag, purse, coat, cell phone or pager at your table during the examination.
Personal effects must be placed under the table, according to the instructions given at the time. The OIIQ is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
These acts lead to failure of the examination:
- registration under false pretences
- participation in fraud or plagiarism
- attempted fraud or plagiarism