The OIIQ complies the Direction of Public Health’s recommendations and ensures a safe exam environment.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please do not show up for the exam. Be sure to get a doctor’s note dated the day of the exam to fill out a request to cancel your failing grade. Visit the Visit the “Failure due to not being registered, being absent or result” page for the steps to follow.
Do not show up for the exam and consult a healthcare professional if you have one of the following symptoms:
- Fever (≥ 38,1 °C)
- Cough (new or worsening)
- Breathing difficulty, shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Sudden loss of sense of smell without nasal congestion, with or without loss of taste
Or if you have at least two of the following symptoms:
- Runny nose or congestion of unknown cause
- Extreme fatigue
- Significant loss of appetite
- Generalized muscle soreness (unrelated to physical effort)
- Nausea and/or vomiting
In addition, it is important not to show for the exam if you have been directed to self-isolate by the Public Health or by your employer.
Other health measures
A number of health measures will be in place to protect you during the exam. Failure to comply with any of the following measures will result in you being required to leave the exam site:
- Hand hygiene: You must sanitize your hands when you enter the exam site and each time you enter and leave the exam room. Moreover, you must sanitize your hands according to the MSSS guidelines.
- Quality mask: You do not have to wear a quality mask. However, we encourage you to wear a quality mask or face covering due to the large number of people in each room. Please note that quality masks will be provided at the exam if needed.
- Respiratory hygiene and etiquette: You must follow the respiratory hygiene and etiquette measures of covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze, using single-use tissues, disposing of used tissues immediately, and not touching your face with your hands.
- Physical distancing: Exam tables are positioned to some physical distancing.
An OIIQ representative will provide all special instructions in the exam room.
Vaccine passport and vaccination
Vaccination passports are not required to write the exam.
The OIIQ encourages all nurses and nursing students to have full vaccination coverage to protect themselves, patients and their family and friends. We encourage you to ensure you are fully vaccinated before the exam.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.