The OIIQ has prepared a plan for health measures that the Director of Public Health has approved in order to ensure a safe environment during the examination.
Here are the measures that will be put in place:
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please do not show up for the examination. Be sure to get a doctor’s note dated the day of the examination, in order to fill out your request to cancel your failing grade.
A health questionnaire must be duly completed, signed and handed in on the day of the examination, before you are allowed access to your examination room. You will be denied access to your examination room if you answer yes to any of the questions. The OIIQ will contact you after the examination to inform you of the procedure to follow.
It is important to not show up for the examination and to speak with a health care professional if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of sense of smell without nasal congestion and/or loss of taste
In addition, it is important that you do not show up for the examination if you have been ordered to self-isolate by the Director of Public Health or by your employer, or because you have returned from a trip (mandatory quarantine).
A number of health measures will be put in place to protect you during the examination. Failure to comply with these measures will result in you being expelled from the examination site.
Here are the measures:
- Hand hygiene: You must wash your hands when you enter the educational institution and each time you enter and leave the examination room. You must also wash your hands in accordance with the guidelines of the MSSS .
- Wearing a mask or face covering: A mask or face covering is mandatory when you enter the institution and when you move around. The mask or face covering may be removed during the examination. It must be worn when you register, when you move around, at the end of the examination, and when you ask a question that requires the staff to move around. Staff will wear a procedural mask and visor.
- Breathing etiquette: You must follow breathing etiquette, which includes covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze, using disposable tissues, discarding used tissues immediately, washing your hands frequently and not touching your face with your hands.
- Physical distancing: Examination tables are positioned to allow for physical distancing. You must maintain this distancing at all times.
- Movement: Movement within the educational institutions is kept to a minimum. Only certain areas are accessible and one direction of traffic must be maintained. In the examination room, only one person at a time may move around.
- Lunch room: You will have access to a room for lunch time. Please bring a cold meal, snacks and enough water for your day (water fountains are sometimes unavailable).
- Examination materials: Examination materials (pencil, eraser, ruler, highlighter and calculator) are provided. Bring as little material as possible. It is important to bring your confirmation of registration, your completed and signed health questionnaire and a piece of ID.
All special instructions will be provided in the examination room by the OIIQ representative.
Institution of higher education
The examination will take place at institutions of higher education (CEGEPs and universities). They are required to apply the rules of the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail.
As a result, you must wear a mask or face covering before entering the educational institution and you must wash your hands according to the recommendations in effect.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.