The Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (OIIQ) is proud to host a virtual Q&A session for nurses who earned their degrees outside Canada.
Nurses with degrees earned outside Canada who wish to practice in Quebec must apply for diploma or training equivalence and a practice permit.
To assist nurses in this process, the OIIQ is hosting a collaborative Q&A session to answer any questions they may have regarding the application process, regulatory issues and career pathways.
Topics to be discussed include:
- What is the process to open a file?
- Why must the required documents be provided?
- What happens after an application is filed?
- What is the required assessment based on?
- How do temporary permits work?
- What can help speed up the process?
Date and time
- Monday, June 21, 2021, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. EDT
Online via Teams. Participants do not need to download any software.
Just click on the link below to join the session :
- 10 a.m.: General presentation in French
- 10:30 a.m.: General presentation in English
- 11 a.m.: Q&A
- 11:30 a.m.: End of the meeting
For an optimal experience during the session, make sure you:
- have a strong Internet connection
- have your speakers turned on
- have a microphone if you wish to ask questions other than by chat
Who is the Q&A for and how should you prepare?
The session is intended for anyone who earned their degree outside Canada and is interested in knowing more about the steps required to work as a nurse in Quebec.
To prepare for the session, we encourage you to complete the self-assessment questionnaire and to learn more about practice permit application requirements.
Feel free to share this invitation with anyone who may be interested in attending. There is no limit on the number of participants.
We look forward to speaking with you!
The Office of the Admissions and Registrar