Description of the position
The nurse will do replacements in communities of the Far North after a comprehensive 4-week Expanded Role training program.
As a replacement nurse, a typical day could look like the following:
- Provide emergency care 24/7 at all levels
- Assess patients in a comprehensive way using a systematic approach (SOAP), with or without any doctor on site
- Promote health and disease prevention when you do community health follow-ups
- Use assessment tools and techniques usually reserved for other healthcare professionals
- Enjoy the Far North’s breathtaking landscapes
- Make a difference in First Nations and/or Inuit communities.
Our work conditions:
- 4-week Expanded Role Training, paid (daily rate)
- Competitive global salary
- Travel fees and accommodation
- Temporary and permanent positions
- Group insurance for permanent positions
- Opportunity to contribute to an RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- 24/7 personalized support.
Working in an expanded role with Solutions Nursing – the specialists of the North – is a life-changing experience, a career boost and the opportunity to provide high quality care to northern communities.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: (514) 735-7641
For further information: 514-735-7645 extension 1221 or www.solutionsnursing.ca
- Be available to travel for 4 to 8 weeks at a time
- Have a valid OIIQ permit
- 2 to 3 years of experience, including 2 in active departments (ex: emergency, ICU, pediatrics, obstetrics, CLSC, float team…)
- Functional English
- Skillfulness (enjoy challenges)
The use of the masculine gender in this text, as is customary, is intended merely to simplify its style and includes both women and men. We subscribe to an equal access program. Everyone is encouraged to apply. The acceptance of a job posting does not in any way constitute acknowledgment of the advertiser’s products and services, and does not reflect any endorsement by the OIIQ of such products and services or of the advertiser.