This training covers best practices for the injection of medications and the use of needle devices and sharps in diabetes care.
The following topics are covered:
- Injection techniques for medications used in diabetes care;
- Common problems related to injection techniques;
- Prevention, screening and treatment of lipohypertrophy;
- Relative safety of needle devices and sharps used in diabetes care.
This training content is entirely based on the recommendations of the FIT Forum for Injection Technique Canada and its committee of Canadian experts (FIT Canada).
- To apply best practices in injection techniques;
- To apply safe injection techniques when treating people with diabetes;
- To deploy adapted educational interventions for people with diabetes, based on the FIT recommendations.
Cette formation est-elle pour vous?
This training is designed for all professionals who are involved in the care of people with diabetes, specifically with subcutaneous injection treatments.
Vos collègues en ont dit
« I learned from this training that it’s not enough to simply inject insulin, there’s a whole evaluation process that needs to be performed before, during and after the injection. »
« This training helped me to adopt more secure practices and provide better training for my patients. »
« Such a useful training. I really liked the interactive aspect. All nurses should take this training. »
« This training will be one of the most useful courses in my practice. »
« Thanks to the monitoring aspects covered in the training, I’ve learned to detect complications related to poor injection techniques. By following the recommendations, I’ve realized that it’s possible to reduce insulin dosage and improve glycemic stability for some patients. »
Spécifications techniques requises
Pour une expérience optimale, nous vous recommandons de faire cette formation sur un ordinateur ou sur une tablette. L’usage du téléphone est déconseillé.